Thursday, September 3, 2015

Day 6 - Radda in Chianti

JWe arrived in Radda yesterday around 1 and were greeted by a very friendly hotel reception desk man at the Hotel Relais Vignale. When we arrived, our hotel wasn't quite ready so we left our bags in the car and had a little bite to eat at the restaurant in our hotel. All the wait people are so nice here and the food is just incredible.


My prosciutto and figs were insane, by the way. Each piece of fig tasted a little different, with the last one being the jammiest of all. 

After lunch we explored the town a little bit and found a kick ass shoe shop. I was having weak knees and heart palpitations. Mama and I ended up buying two pairs of shoes each and mama got an amazing leather jacket . 


After shoe shopping, we visited the Farmacia to get mama some Benadryl and cortisone for her lip. She's been such a good sport but I feel terrible for her. I did remark that she's giving us a TON of extra laughs through it all though. 

We did a little wine tasting back at the hotel and I tasted the best Vin Santo I've ever known. The best description I can give it is a chilled, silky, fruity, intoxicating vanilla-caramel. I hope we can take a bottle back to California. 


After our wine, mama and daddy went back to buy mama a jacket from Praressi and I did a Way of Gray workout. After, we headed to dinner at a place that really wasn't that good, so naturally afterwards we felt obliged t make up for it with dessert and drinks at the hotel restaurant. I had a Vin Santo with cantucci and mom and dad had a mint semifredo and chocolate and pear molten cake. 


Once back at the room I stayed awake just long enough to take off my makeup before collapsing into bed and falling soundly to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment